The Communicable Disease program at the Knox County Health Department investigates:
- Reportable infectious diseases in compliance with state and federal regulations
- To ensure epidemiology activities directed toward disease surveillance, prevention and detection
- To notify the public of their risk for infectious diseases
- To manage and control of disease throughout the community
- Outbreaks and coordinates information exchange for disease control
To report a communicable disease during business hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday, call the Director of Nursing at 740-399-8003;
during non-business hours, call 740-397-3333, Ext. #1.
Physician and health care providers, per Communicable Disease Rules 3701-36-01 through 3701-36-30 of the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC), are legally required to report suspected, lab-confirmed, and clinical diagnoses of specific diseases and conditions within specified time frames.
Mandated Reportable Conditions in Ohio (See section 1, pages 4-5)
2011 Infectious Disease Report
Disease and Condition section at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention