The Infectious Disease program at the Knox Public Health investigates:
- Reportable infectious diseases in compliance with state and federal regulations
- To ensure epidemiology activities directed toward disease surveillance, prevention and detection
- To notify the public of their risk for infectious diseases
- To manage and control of disease throughout the community
- Outbreaks and coordinates information exchange for disease control
Physician and health care providers, per Communicable Disease Rules 3701-36-01 through 3701-36-30 of the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC), are legally required to report suspected, lab-confirmed, and clinical diagnoses of specific diseases and conditions within specified time frames.